Wondering about how to make Instagram Highlight Covers to attract new followers? In this article, I will show you to make them step-by-step using one simple website. It’s Canva!
Posting your photos on the Instagram story is easy, but making a great-looking cover to attract people’s attention is something else entirely.
Instagram highlight covers make a great first impression and will be the best way to get closer to your followers. By categorizing the stories, You can easily share your movements with them.
If you have already added some of your stories as highlights but haven’t updated them with nice cover icons yet, your highlights will probably be missed and messy. Once you add new covers to it, your profile will look beautiful and more professional.
Disclosure: This free article contains some affiliate links. If you purchase any service through one of these links I may earn a small commission, this is at no additional cost to you.
What is Instagram Story Highlights?
Influences and brands are very active in using this feature because it helps to build their brand and profile stands out from others.
But as you already know, Instagram stories appear in 24 hours and then they disappear forever. That’s why this Instagram story highlighting feature is very useful for you.
Instagram story highlights are a collection of stories on Instagram. It can be seen below the bio section of your Instagram profile. You can review your disappeared stories back alive on this feature by categorizing them perfectly.
If you use Instagram to promote your business, story highlights would be a great way to engage with more followers and increase your sales easily. And here’s how to make your own custom cover in 2021!
Don’t you have a highlight cover yet? Read on.
How to Make Instagram Highlight Covers with Canva
Instagram lets you use any image you like for your Instagram highlight cover. But you can get a good look at your story cover by using the best online design tool like Canva.
Canva is a super easy design tool that allows you to create beautiful graphics with thousands of pre-made templates, stock images, elements, videos, and much more features for free.
Let’s see how to make an Instagram highlight cover using Canva!
- First, Click here to sign up for Canva PRO 30-day free trial to unlock all premium templates and features for FREE for 30 days.
- Choose from one of the beautifully designed Instagram highlight cover templates in the Canva template library.
- Customize your template with colors, fonts, and premium icons, and assets in the graphic section.
- After making all the changes, simply click the “Download” button and upload your Instagram highlight cover to your highlight story.
That’s it. Easy-peasy!
👋 If you signup for the Canva Pro 30-days Free trial, you have the access to use all the limitless Canva features for free.
If you want to make your own Instagram highlight cover, you can start with a blank page on Canva. Follow me!
- Sign up for the Canva Pro 30-days FREE trial to get started.
- Click on the “Custom Dimensions” and search “Instagram Highlight Covers” or select the “Custom Size” add dimentions.(1080px X 1920px)
- Under the background selection, select the background color.
- Choose the icon and text you want to add. If you need to upload your own image, simply drag your image into your design.
- Click on the “+” icon to add more pages to design covers.
- Finally, click the “Download” button to take your design with you.
Let’s add it to your Instagram profile!
How to Add a New Instagram Story Highlight
First, we will see how to create a new Instagram story highlight on your Instagram profile. You can use this feature for both your business and personal accounts.
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the “New” icon on the highlight story section.
- Pick the stories that you want to add highlight stories.
- Tap “Next” and name your new highlighted story.
- Edit cover and tap “Done”.
Now you’re done! But using the cover is much better to look neater and attractive on your highlight stories.
Don’t you set the Cover before? That’s not a problem. Here’s the guide!
Follow the steps to add Instagram highlight covers without posting like a story.
How to Add Instagram Story Highlight Cover without Posting
If you already using Instagram story highlights, but you need to add a cover to them. Here’s how you found it. Take a look!
- Tap one of your Instagram story highlights.
- Then select “Edit Highlight” on the options.
- Tap ”Edit Cover” to get a new highlight cover without having to share it with your story.
- Tap on the “Image Icon” and select your new cover image from your camera roll.
- Finally, tap “Done” and that’s it! Now you can see your Instagram highlight cover in your profile, not like a story.
Do this for each of the story highlights that you want to add a cover.
You don’t have to worry about How to make an Instagram Highlight Covers anymore. Here is the simple guide that helps you to make beautiful covers using the best online design tool, Canva.
Canva is a beginner-friendly designing platform to make the creative designs you want. Because it’s totally free. Not only that they will offer you Canva Pro 30-days free trial to try their insider secret features without paying any money.
👋 Would you like to try it on? Click here to move forward to use Canva Pro for FREE.
It’s a wonderful resource for me. I do all my designs with Canva Pro and that helps me create a big audience with less effort. So, I highly recommended for you use the Canva Free trial to make creative designs for Free. if you don’t have deep design skills, Canva makes everything easier for you.
If you are happy with this article and learn something new, don’t forget to keep sharing this with your friends on Instagram and Facebook!