Are you looking for the perfect way to display your collection of data? It is a good idea to put them on a table. Well, in this article I’ll show you how to make a table in Google Docs in an easy way.
Basically, we use Google Sheets to make a table because the Google Docs process may not be the table maker. But, creating a table is easy with the Google Docs table tool.
Making a Google Docs table is quite simple, all you need to know is the desired size of your table that you need. One of the greatest things about using a table in Google Docs is that it gives you a structured way to show your items neatly. You can place the most suitable data in a table or the various images you want to display in order.
Whatever your reason, Google Docs Table not only provides a way to show your data, but it can also improve the overall appearance of your document.
Let’s see how to make a table in Google Docs on the web.
Disclosure: This free article contains some affiliate links. If you purchase any service through one of these links I may earn a small commission, this is at no additional cost to you.
How to Make a Table in Google Docs on the Web
If you use Google Docs on your computer, laptop, or mobile, you can easily access the table tool on both PCs and mobile devices.
Follow the below steps to make a Table.
- Open your browser and go to docs.google.com and sign up your Google account.
- Open up your document.
- Click the “Insert” option on the menu bar and select the “Table” option to create a table.
- In the pop-out box, you can select the number of rows and columns you want for your table.
Once you click on it the insert table will be displayed on your document.
How to Make a Table in Google Docs on Mobile App
If you’re trying to make a table in Google Docs you can easily access it to your mobile app. It is just as easy as on a desktop browser.
Let’s see how to do this on your mobile app.
- Open your document on your Google Docs App from your iOS or Android phone.
- Tap on the “Edit” icon at the bottom right corner.
- Tap the “+” icon in the top menu bar.
- Now you can choose the “Table” option on the insert section.
- Put the number of rows and columns that you need as you want and tap “Insert Table”.
You’re done! The table will show in your document. Now you can easily edit them the way you want. Using an app makes it very easy to navigate your document without any issues.
Sometimes if you are not fully prepared when you first create a table, you need to add or remove new rows and columns after making it.
How to Add or Delete Rows and Columns
There are two easy ways to adjust the rows and columns on your created table.
- Go to a cell in a table where you want to add or remove columns or rows.
- Click the “Format” option at the menu bar.
- Select the “Table” and choose the insert and delete options on both rows and columns.
👋 Easy Way: Right-click on the table and you’ll see the insert and delete options on both rows and columns at the menu box.
Both options have only a few steps. So you can go with the best one easy for you!
How to Change Table Options on Google Docs
Once you insert a table and put the data on it, you can do some changes like align text, add a bold effect, change the text size and color, add links, insert pictures, etc.
In this way, you can easily edit your table options in Google Docs. Follow the steps!
- Right click on the table and you’ll see the “Table Properties”.
- Click the “Table Properties” and adjust the specific “Table Options” that you need to change.
- After doing all the changes click “Ok” to save table properties.
Now your table will change! Let’s take a look at the options including the “Table Properties”.
- Table Border: This is the lines of the table. You can change the line thickness and color of your whole table.
- Cell Background Color: Change the cell background color of each cell(s) you selected.
- Cell vertical Alignment: The text within the selected cell(s) can be aligned top, middle or bottom of the cell.
- Dimensions: Change the currently selected cell(s) width, height and cell padding
- Table Alignment: Where the table should be on the page.(Left, center or right) And the left indent value is the starting point.
How to Delete a Table
Did you notice that you’ve seen an option to “Delete Table” before? Here are the two easy ways to do that.
- Click on the table and go to the “Format” option in the menu bar.
- Select “Table” and choose the “Delete Table” option.
Your table is deleted.
👋 Easy Way: Right-click on the table and choose “Delete Table”. (Make sure the cursor is somewhere on the table)
Must Read: How to Take Notes on iPad.
With the above methods, you will be able to make, edit and delete custom tables from Google Docs in a few clicks. If this guide really helped you, don’t forget to share this easy-to-follow guide with your friends and relatives.